The Kiwanis Club of Fort Myers was chartered as one of 7,700 clubs in 80 countries in 1922. Our motto is "Serving the Children of the World".
The Fort Myers Kiwanis Club was the first service club in southwest Florida, established on April 28th, 1922 and receiving their Charter at the Cottage Inn Hotel the evening of June 21st, 1922.
Snippets of History
The Altantic Coast Railway had been in Fort Myers as a Florida terminal point for several years, but a station had not been constructed. Because of strong community membership, the club influenced ACR to build a station in Fort Myers. This was viewed as a big success.
The early Kiwanis Motto: WE BUILD was taken seriously back then, when the club teamed up the the Arcadia club to assist in building parts of State Road No. 2 in December of 1922.
Here is an article about our Club's by-gone days. It was written by member, Bill Courtwright back in 2010.
Our first and foremost focus though is helping Young Children in the Fort Myers area. Our club has many rich traditions and much to offer prospective members who want to get involved in helping children in our community. Our club meetings provide excellent networking opportunities, social interaction and fellowship. We have great programs and speakers to compliment our fine lunch. If you are looking for an opportunity to get involved and help young children, please come to a meeting or contact us.